Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Thinking about prosperity

After listening to Wallace Wattles's Magnum Opus, The Science of Getting Rich, over and over again, or at least two or three times, I figure I have at least heard the concept that thinking about prosperity will bring abundance to me over the due course of time. However, there is the tricky part of actually being ready for that abundance and prosperity.


Last night, I came across a TED Talk on introversion. At one point, Susan Cain talks about how great spiritual leaders (Jesus, Moses, etc.) go out into the wild. Then they take what they discover in the wilderness back into society.

What is interesting is that I don't hear a lot about urbanites going out into the wilderness to find themselves, alone. I can think of one person in all my experience that made a point to go into the woods by himself for any extended period of time. And when I heard he was doing this, I did ask him why he would do such a thing, and he responded with something about finding himself. Perhaps, more of us should consider the personal journey into the wilderness, so we can find ourselves, as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment