Saturday, May 4, 2013

The Specific Vision

I've started this blog post a few times, which has made me realize that I may not be as specific in my goals as I need to be. However, the other night I watched this YouTube Video on finding your Opus (warning it's an hour long if you're going to watch it).


To boil the whole video down to a line and a half, "Have something you're going to achieve in life (a big grand arching goal) and work toward that goal, no matter what." It got me thinking, and I was able to create this post on my forecasting blog because something in the movie helped me disconnect from the result and just enjoy the journey of learning and explanation.

Now that I have a sort of grand vision: figuring out how El NiƱo relates to Astronomy and proceeding on to business inventory forecasting from there. Hey, it's a little vague and perhaps misdirected, but it's a start, at least. With that concept in my head, I feel that I can better focus on specific tasks, such as those Jack Canfield talks about.

Because I could be going to a number of locations for work, I'm creating Pinterest Boards, such as Places to Live in 2013 to drill down on a multitude of specific options to approach. For instance, in the currently blank board I just linked to, I'm going to find 3 apartment complexes in each of 5 cites--Cincinnati, Hartford, New York, Boston, Seattle--by next week (total 15), which I want to look at, if I move to that city. Ideally, I would stay where I am, if I stay in Lexington. So, I'm taking specific vision to mean "baby steps" in a What About Bob? style/approach.


No comments:

Post a Comment