Wednesday, January 23, 2013

1. Myself


My friend Christine posted this to my Facebook page, and I decided to accept the challenge. Each day, I am going to post on a topic above, in numerical order. It's a great way to start a blog, and I'm very excited about getting back to writing. Back in November, I wrote a large portion of a novel, which was roughly inspired to my trip to Kentucky two years ago. The novel still needs completion and a significant amount of editing.

Currently, I am attending the accelerated MBA program at the University of Kentucky. I will be graduating in May. Currently, I'm working towards my Lean Six Sigma greenbelt with the help of the training staff at LeanCor. My project involves working with an Ashland warehouse here in Kentucky. I am leading a team of four other people to specifically meet the warehouse's supply chain needs.

Previous projects that I have worked on through the MBA program include, working with the Kentucky World Trade Center in regards to Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale and working with Valvoline, a subsidiary of Ashland, on a project. I enjoyed learning many things through both projects, as well as from the classes at the University.

To my surprise, I have excelled in Accounting, Finance and Statistics in the program. My undergraduate degree was in English Literature at the University of Connecticut. I later earned an Certificate in Editing from New York University and eventually went on to work at Reader's Digest. I moved back to Connecticut and worked in the ING Retirement Services' call center, moved up through the organization, and earned my (no longer active) Series 6, Series 63 and Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor Certificate. I also joined Toastmasters and greatly improved my public speaking ability. I eventually took a position on the Kentucky account. As that particular position did not work out, I decided to join the MBA program, here at U.K., to redirect and restart my professional life.


No comments:

Post a Comment