Monday, July 22, 2013

Business Cards

I got a useful tip about business cards from a local entrepreneur. I handed him my card, and he looked at it. "I can't read your name, Mike." He said to me. "If it's dark and loud, and I don't hear your name, I'm never going to be able to pretend to know it by glancing at your card."

Up to this point, I thought the business card was simply about transferring contact information, and I had chosen a beautiful script font for my name. It's perfectly legible in normal office light. But, business cards aren't for normal office light. These tiny slips of cardboard are for bars, back alley deals, networking events, conferences, etc. If you're well advertised on the Internet, there isn't any reason you can't use an Ocean's 11 style business card.



Make your name MASSIVE. The whole point of a business card is to get someone to remember you. Make it easy for the person you're meeting. Let them hear, read and say your name.

No comments:

Post a Comment